Ideal for beginners and young riders, this 3-day experience shows you Torres del Paine from an entirely new perspective. Criollo horses and a local baqueano will accompany you through woods, past lakes, along rivers and to glaciers – all while you simply gaze in awe at your surroundings.
10 minutes transfer / 4-hour ride, walking and trotting / night at lake brush campsite (BL-BBQ).
We meet at noon at the National Park’s administration and take a transfer south across the Serrano River to a traditional Patagonian farmhouse. Here, we’ll choose horses to accompany us on our journey to a secluded valley at the border of Torres del Paine National Park. To get there, we’ll ride across several rivers and trot through landscapes filled with wetlands and lakes, while views of the Paine Massif and its glaciers alter alongside us. We’ll set up camp on the shores of Lake Brush and enjoy a hearty Patagonian style barbecue.
5-hours ride, walking / night at hosteria balmaceda (B-BL-D).
After a nourishing breakfast we’ll set off for Bernardo O’Higgins National Park. Today’s trail is a peaceful one, taking us through humid forests and following the Serrano River until its mouth at the Last Hope Sound. Our destination is Hostería Balmaceda, where there are wonderful views of the Serrano Glacier as it seems to cascade into the lagoon beneath it. Here, we’ll leave our horses to their guide’s care, enjoy dinner together and settle in for a good night’s rest.
10 minutes by zodiac / 45 min walk / 3 hours by boat (B-BBQ).
Our day begins crossing the river into the Last Hope Sound by zodiac, coming face-to-face with the steeply-descending Serrano Glacier at the foot of Mount Balmaceda (2148 m). We’ll take a short walk up to the glacier where we’ll board a boat bound for Puerto Natales via the Last Hope Sound. We’ll make a stop at Estancia Perales for a Patagonian-style lamb barbecue lunch, and arrive at Puerto Natales around 6.00 pm.More...
- Difficulty : Moderate
- Equipment : Recommend equipment for low tempetures
- Important : Recommend travel insurance
- Prices : All prices depend on the number of travelers
- Navigation from Monte Balmaceda to Puerto Natales
- Guide (English-Spanish), plus a Baqueano (local cowboy)
- Entrance fee to Bernardo O´Higgins National Park
- One night at Hosteria Balmaceda (Twin standard rooms)
- One night at Lake Brush camp (triple tents, double occupancy basis)
- All meals indicated in the schedule (B: breakfast, BL: picnic lunch, D: dinner, BBQ: barbecue)
- Helmets, Leather chaps, leather gloves, saddle bags, dry bags
- All horses, saddles and packhorses
- All the private transportation indicated in the schedule
We meet at noon at the National Park’s administration.
Read our Terms and Conditions where our cancellation policies and changes are defined. Always remember to plan your trips in advance.