This version is adapted for those who want to reach one of the main points of the southernmost trekking circuit of the planet, from where it is possible to contemplate in all its splendor the "Dientes de Navarino" massif. Going through rural road, parks, peat bogs, valleys, hillsides, small lagoons, streams, loose stones, etc, combining with many other attractions that Navarino Island offers to visitors.
From the top towards to the north we appreciate the imposing Beagle Channel, the city of Puerto Williams - Chile, Ushuaia - Argentina.
Day 1 / Punta Arenas - Puerto Williams or Ushuaia - Puerto Williams
From Punta Arenas:
Fly on Aerovias DAP to Puerto Williams. During the flight enjoy the overwhelming views of amazing landscapes, the Strait of Magellan, the beautiful glaciers of Darwin Mountain Range, and the Beagle Channel. (Flight time will vary according to the aircraft available on the day, 50 minutes to 1:20 hr.). Reception at airdrome and short transfer to the Lodge.
After immigration process and port-tax payment at Ushuaia’s port in Argentina, sail across the Beagle Channel to reach, after approximately 30 minutes, Puerto Navarino in the Chilean side. The navigation is performed on board a small-size-semi-rigid motorboat.
Upon arrival at Puerto Navarino you will be picked up and transferred on a 54-km/34 mile ride to Puerto Williams (1:40hr approx.) to do the immigration process in Chile. Once this process is completed, you will be transferred to the Lodge to enjoy a welcome aperitif and lunch.
In the afternoon the adventure begins, choosing one of our excursions, designed to get acquainted with the nature and culture of the island. Our expedition leader will present the excursions available from our excursion menu (City tour Puerto Williams, Horseride, Kayak, Visit to Omora botanical park, Bird-watching, etc).
In the evening, we invite you to attend a lecture with our trekking specialized guide who will brief you on the next day activities and the complete circuit.
Day 2 / Trekking 5 hours - 7.4 miles.
After breakfast, transfer by vehicle to the starting point of the trekking trail. Starting our way up to Bandera hill, which will be ascending by forests of coigüe and lenga until you reach the summit (622m.s.n.m) where you get an incomparable panoramic view over the Beagle Channel and the valley of the Róbalo River. The final target of this day is to reach Laguna el Salto, where the base camp will be established, to later ascending to the viewpoint of Dientes de Navarino. Lunch and dinner will be prepared on site. Overnight in campament.
Day 3 / Trekking 6 hours - 8.6 miles.
Our way back will be through forests and turbans in the bottom of Róbalo valley, until reaching the starting point again.
Spend the afternoon at the lodge, resting in our facilities. Dinner and overnight.
Day 4 / Puerto Williams - Punta Arenas or Puerto Williams - Ushuaia.
After breakfast, at the agreed time take the transfer to Puerto Williams’ airfield for your flight to Punta Arenas, or if you are going to Ushuaia you will be taken to the Port Authority Office, then to Puerto Navarino to embark your motor-boat to Ushuaia (Argentina).More...
- Difficulty : Moderate.
- Equipment : Recommend equipment for low tempetures.
- Important : Recommend travel insurance.
- Notice : Trekking will always be subject to weather conditions. For the safety of all participants.
- Important : This program is suitable for walkers in good physical conditions with a good training level.
- Notice : No shower or restroom facilities available during the whole circuit.
- Briefing of the program on the first evening in the lodge.
- Specialized bilingual English/Spanish guide.
- Airport taxes and flights from and to Punta Arenas, 20kg max of luggage per person.
- Breakfasts, lunches and dinners throughout the program.
- Meals in the Lodge include one drink per person (mineral water, or soft drink, or one glass of wine, or one beer).
- Food rations throughout the circuit program.
- Accommodation in the Lodge during the first and the last night of the program.
- 1 nights camping tent accommodation based on double occupancy.
- Half day excursion on the arrival day.
- Camping equipment: tent, sleeping bag, mat, stoves, cookware (pot, cutlery, plates, mug).
- Trekking sticks, head-lantern, leg-warmers.
- Porters. Each participant must transport their own personal belonging, including the mat and the sleeping bag previously assigned.
- International transfer by boat plus land transfer from and to Ushuaia port.
This program starts from Punta Arenas (Chile) or from Ushuaia (Argentina). Let us know in advance to organize the program.
Read our Terms and Conditions where our cancellation policies and changes are defined. Always remember to plan your trips in advance.